The copper production plant of the Group is in Srednogorie region, Bulgaria. The plant was built in 1958 and it consists of four main production units: Smelter, Refinery, Acid plant and Flotation plant.
In April 2009 the official approval of the new name of the company Aurubis was received, after a year earlier the group Cumerio was acquired by Norddeutsche Affinerie AG (NA), after the approval of the European Commission at the beginning of the year.
Today the company employs 845 people. In 2015 the production of Aurubis Bulgaria was 350 000 t. anode copper, 230 000 t. cathode copper and 1 220 000 t. sulphuric acid. The company realizes 8% of the country's exports to different markets including Turkey, Belgium, China, Singapore, and the imports are mainly by China, the Balkans, the Middle East. Currently the company is the largest user of the Bulgarian ports and rail transport over 2 million cargo shipments per year.
For the period from the company's privatization in 1997 till the end of 2015, more than EUR 540 million has been invested for modernization of production and improvement of environmental efficiency, which has led to a number of awards, including “Investor in Environment Protection” (2015, Bulgarian Investment Agency).
As a part of the Partnership program for development in Srednogorie region, each year the company has made donations amounting to over BGN 600 000 to Municipalities of Pirdop and Zlatitsa for implementing a projects in education, sports initiatives, cultural events, development of young talented children, disabled people and healthcare.